Chip-scale semi-automated 4K probe station.
Kilimanjaro 122 Overview
Chip-scale Probe Station for Conducting High-Accuracy Measurements at True 4K Cryogenic Temperatures
The HPD Kilimanjaro 122 is a superior 4K solution to meet all your probing needs. It aims to support our customers by addressing problems such as long turnaround times, high noise, and low signal capabilities. FormFactor’s superior knowledge of probing solutions and cryogenic systems puts us in the best position to help you meet your goals.
To achieve true 4K temperatures this system employs cryogenic positioners to conduct probing operations. We have taken extra care to ensure all signals are well sunk before reaching your sample. All interfaces have been specially designed to block any radiation from disturbing your sample. The optical ports can be optionally fitted with light blocking shutters at both 4K and 50K to remove any parasitic heat loads. The result is a true 4K system with a temperature stability 5mK.
Mechanical vibration is also a major issue for probing applications. Probe to device under test (DUT) displacement can cause damage to the sample and induce noise into the measurement. Triboelectric noise is also induced into the signals when mechanical vibrations travel through the cables. We employ flexible thermal jumpers and vacuum bellows to decouple the GM cryocooler from the rest of the system.
Designed with customization in mind, the Kilimanjaro 122 provides many configurable ports to get your signals to your sample. There are multiple easily accessible vacuum feedthroughs, and many light blocking ports in each stage plate. This approach makes it simple to address whatever signal (DC, RF, FO) capabilities you may need.
The HPD Kilimanjaro 122 offers true 4K measurement during all probing operations. It is a robust and reliable system, which offers a broad array of optional features. Multiple upgrade paths ensure this system will fulfill many future needs.
Applications: Photonic QC, Spin QC, Cryo-CMOS
Kilimanjaro 122 Key Features
- Fully isolated experiment space for true 4K temperatures during probing
- Cryogenic positioners to provide large travel ranges without warming up the device
- Integrated helium pot for high temperature stability of the device under test
- Fully dry cryogen-free cooler eliminates the need for expensive helium circulation systems
- Rapid cool liquid nitrogen option for faster cool down times
- Flexible thermal jumpers to ensure high thermal conductance and low mechanical transmission
- A soft vacuum bellows provides a compliant mounting interface for the cryocooler
- Quick release vacuum feedthroughs for easy configurability
- A large rectangular port for high signal capacity
- Multiple stage feedthroughs for thermally intercepting the signals
- Many available system options and add ons to choose from