6 Benefits of the New Velox 2.6 Probe Station Control Software Suite
August 1, 2019
Velox is installed on more than 600 FormFactor probe stations. Strong customer relationships and continuing advancements make Velox software the clear leader in probe station control. Here are six benefits of the new Velox 2.6 probe station control software release.
The Velox™ probe station control software suite is the universal standard for semi- and fully-automated probe systems, enabling seamless communication between the user and more than 15 different FormFactor probe platforms. It supports our newest wafer-level test products, and provides older probe stations with the benefit of ongoing software development. And, it just got better!
The new Velox 2.6 release concentrates on new hardware support for the CM300xi probe system as well as usability enhancements for more user comfort. In particular, the Autonomous RF function has been improved in terms of accuracy and measurement speed. A free upgrade is available for existing customers (requires service visit). Here are some new benefits and the features that make them possible:
- SEMI-compliant automation in the smallest lab space with support of the new compact MHU301 for CM300xi probe system.
- Material Handling Unit with SEMI-compliant load port for standard wafer cassettes
- Fully-automated test of up to 25 wafers in FOUP
- No manual handling of wafers required, reducing effort and risk of wafer breakage
- All wafers can be of different design
- Automatic pre-alignment of wafers
- Field-upgradeable to (already existing) CM300xi probe systems which have been prepared for a future MHU upgrade
- Improved accuracy, higher application flexibility, and ease of use with extended capabilities of Autonomous RF Measurement Assistant.
- 50 µm probe support
- Alignment wizards optimized
- Automation for Multi-line TRL calibration
- More threshold settings for exact measurement
- More information for advanced users with a toolbar enhancement.
- Enhanced status information
- Higher safety in manual mode
- More automation for faster time to measurement with the new automated light settings in SPECTRUM Vision System.
- Microscope light settings adjust automatically depending on use case
- Enables switching between Aux sites and wafer without visibility limitation
- Reduces manual intervention during setup
- Simplification of wafer setup with enhanced AutoAlign.
- Fully-automatic wafer X and Y alignment included (additionally to the theta alignment function)
- Reduced working steps
- Improved usability
- Most ergonomic and quickest way to align a wafer for 90% of use cases
- No more lost wafers in unexpected situations with the unique wafer safety over power cycle.
- Wafer tracking after power down or emergency stop
Velox is installed on more than 600 FormFactor probe stations. Strong customer relationships and continuing advancements make Velox software the clear leader in probe station control. For more information, visit our website or download the Velox probe station control software brochure.