Full-area 300-mm wafer testing for advanced mobile and commodity DRAM devices.
The latest DRAM chips deliver extremely fast and smooth graphic and cache memory response in game consoles and personal computers, as well as server applications.
They afford soaring memory capacity in smaller and smaller cellular phones, MP3 players and other consumer electronics, as semiconductors get stacked into compact packages of multi-tasking die. Testing these new, high-performance, high-density DRAM devices is optimized with FormFactor’s Matrix and PH-Series wafer probe cards as they improve efficiency and reduce the overall cost of DRAM test.
Every single bit must be tested to ensure top performance, making massively parallel wafer-level testing essential to high-yield, volume production at lower overall cost. FormFactor DRAM test solutions’ scalable architecture easily adapts to DRAM chip designs’ ultra-high pin count, wafer sizes and architecture, and makes optimal use of power and low-force, precision contact.
FormFactor DRAM wafer probe card capabilities include:
- Three-dimensional MEMs probe spring design that supports fan-in and fan-out probe layout
- Improved control over planarity
- Industry leading TRE (Tester Resource Extension) Technology to maximize test parallelism
The SmartMatrix™ probe card provides full-area 300-mm wafer testing for advanced mobile and commodity DRAM devices. Specifically designed to support DRAM manufacturers’ fast design ramps, advanced product roadmaps and stringent cost-of-test requirements, the SmartMatrix 100XP probe card offers enhanced probing performance that enables DRAM manufacturers to extend the life of their existing test equipment and avoid the need for additional capital spending within their test cells. The probe card features an innovative architecture that significantly improves manufacturing efficiency and reduces probe card delivery lead time.
SmartMatrix™ for Mobile DRAM Sort
The SmartMatrix™ probe card provides full-area 300-mm wafer testing for advanced mobile DRAM devices, like LPDDR2 and LPDDR3. Built for massively high-parallelism testing (more than 1000 sites testing in parallel) to dramatically reduce the cost of test.
SmartMatrix Key Features
- Advanced TRE Technology to increase test parallelism for the lowest test cost per DUT
- Excellent contact stability and electrical performance to optimize yield
- Superior thermal operation to shorten soak time and improve scrub performance
- Excellent contact and electrical performance to optimize yield
- FFI proprietary custom-designed advanced TRE ICs to increase test native parallelism of testers