1. What information do we collect?
FormFactor collects information about you in relation to the recruitment process. This may include:
- Your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number, and copies of forms of identification;
- Details of your qualifications, skills, experience, employment history, references, work eligibility information, and any other information you may provide including your resume or cover letter;
- Information about your desired salary and other job preferences;
- Information relating to accommodations that you may request during the recruiting process and other needs;
- Depending on the location and position you are applying for, your race, gender, and veteran status (the provision of such information is optional and not used as a basis for employment decisions);
- Information from references, or third-party data providers who have the rights to provide information found in publicly available sources, such as information related to background checks;
- Details derived from interviews and outcomes of completed recruitment activities;
2. Why does FormFactor process personal data for recruitment?
FormFactor collects and uses your information during the recruitment process for the purposes described below.
We process your information to consider you for employment opportunities with us, including:
- To receive, review and reply to your application;
- To verify the information you or others provide, and to check your references;
- To assess your suitability for the opportunity you applied for, and in certain cases, for other opportunities with us;
- To facilitate the interview and offer process;
- If you were referred, to inform the referrer of the status and final outcome of your application;
- Where we have identified you as a potential candidate from information that we have collected from public sources, to suggest suitable opportunities for you with us.
We process your information to communicate with you about opportunities.
We may consider you for current and future opportunities, and may contact you from time to time to ask you for updates on your job search. You can opt-out of these communications at any time.
We process your information to operate and improve our recruiting processes, including:
- To manage and improve our application processes;
- To analyze and report on our recruiting processes;
- To prepare information required for legal compliance;
- To enable background verifications as described to you and as permitted by applicable laws.
Personal data may also be processed for other reasons you have consented to, or in cases where we are legally allowed to do so.
3. What is FormFactor’s legal basis for processing personal data in the recruitment process?
Our legal basis for processing personal data in the recruitment process includes one or more of the following:
- As necessary to prepare and enter into an employment contract with you;
- Consistent with specific consents, which you may revoke at any time;
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests, or those of others;
- As necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, including our interests in considering candidates for current and future employment opportunities, and in managing and improving our recruitment and hiring processes, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data.
Data with special protections: Information such as health information, is subject to special protections under EU law and the law of other jurisdictions. We may process such data where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim by us, with your explicit consent, or where necessary for the purpose of carrying out our obligations, and for the exercise of our rights or your rights.
Personal data that is subject to special protections under EU law include personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic and biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health, or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
4. Who has access to your personal data?
Your information is shared internally in our organization for the purposes of our recruitment process. This includes sharing information with members of the Human Resources department and various other departments if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles. To support our recruiting efforts, we share information with our subsidiaries, such as FormFactor GmbH, FormFactor Singapore Pte. Ltd., FormFactor Beaverton, Inc., and Microprobe Incorporated.
We work with third parties who provide tools and systems, and who help us operate and improve our recruiting process, as permitted by law, including:
- Recruitment and staffing service providers;
- Job application platform providers;
- Vendors facilitating interview travel booking and expenses;
- Professional advisors, lawyers and consultants.
These third parties are required to protect the information they receive with appropriate security measures, and only to use the information as necessary to provide the service.
5. How does FormFactor transfer your personal data?
As we are headquartered in the United States and operate globally, information you provide may be processed and stored in the United States and in other jurisdictions. If you are in the EU or European Economic Areas (“EEA”), this may mean that your personal information will be stored in a jurisdiction that offers a level of protection that may, in certain instances, be less protective of your personal information than in the EU and EEA. These transfers of personal information take place using an acceptable data transfer mechanism, such as the EU Standard Contractual Clauses or binding corporate rules.
6. How does FormFactor protect your data?
We implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, change or damage, even though no security system is impenetrable. Personal information that we collect will be stored on secure servers, and restricted to persons having a justified need to access the information.
7. How long does FormFactor keep data?
We retain information so long as appropriate to consider you for current and future employment opportunities, in order to comply with our legal obligations, to evidence our rights and obligations, or as necessary for our legitimate interests.
8. What are your rights under the GDPR?
If you are an EU data subject, you have the following rights concerning your personal data that we store, where required by law:
- Right of access. The right to obtain access to your personal data.
- Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your personal data without undue delay where that personal data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure. The right to request us to erase your personal data when it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we have collected it; you have withdrawn your consent and no other legal ground for the processing exists; you objected and no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing exists; the processing is unlawful; or erasure is required to comply with a legal obligation.
- Right to restriction. The right to obtain restriction of the processing undertaken by us of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as, where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you.
- Right to portability. The right to move, copy or transfer personal data from one organization to another.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for compelling and legitimate reasons if the processing is based on our legitimate interest.
If you wish to exercise one of these rights, please contact us using the contact details listed below.
In addition, EU data subjects also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority. Further information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
9. Who Should I Contact with Questions?
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or if you want to exercise your rights, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at: FormFactor, Inc., Attn. Legal & Compliance, 7005 Southfront Road, Livermore, CA 94551, USA.
For inquiries regarding FormFactor’s activities under the GDPR in Germany, you may also want to contact our Data Compliance Officer in Germany:
Koenigsbruecker Landstr. 29
01109 Dresden, Germany
10. Policy Updates
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. When we change the Policy in a material manner, we will take appropriate steps to alert visitors of the update. Please review our policies regularly. To the fullest extent permitted under law, by using our careers page, you consent to this Policy.