For advanced wire bond logic and SoC devices
To meet consumer demand for portable computing products that are attractively priced, consume less power and offer “always on” connectivity, the semiconductor industry has stepped up with advances in process and packaging technologies.
While leading-edge semiconductor technologies deliver important advantages for low-cost and low-power applications, they present significant challenges for wafer testing. For example, wafer test faces stringent electrical performance requirements, and continued scaling in pad pitch, density and probe force, combine to lower cost and cycle-time trajectories to meet the demands of consumer-driven end markets.
FormFactor addresses these challenges with the industry’s broadest portfolio of non-memory wafer test probe cards offering high parallelism for greater throughput, stable contact resistance for optimal test yield, and superior contact precision. Through on-going investments in its technology, the company can quickly scale to meet customers’ future technical roadmap requirements for performance and geometry shrinks. FormFactor delivers a suite of advanced MEMS, vertical and cantilever probe cards.
TrueScale™ probe technology for advanced wire bond logic and SoC devices delivers high-efficiency, high-parallelism, cost-effective wafer test in fab environments with production rates of millions of units. Scalable down to 50 micron pad pitch, the TrueScale wafer probe card expands parallelism of advanced tester equipment, requires no spring positioning adjustments and minimal maintenance.
TrueScale Key Features
- Support for single-row pad layout down to 50 um pitch
- Excellent positional accuracy over more than 1 million touchdowns
- Minimization of false test failures
- Wire bond pad probing, minimum in-line pitch of 50 µm
- Supports high multi-site testing, scalable for 300 mm full-wafer test capability for maximum multi-site testing
- Low-force and low-scrub probing — <3 g/probe in production with minimum scrub in all directions on a small wire bond pad
- 150° Celsius wafer-test temperature capable
- Supports high multi-site testing: typically >=128 sites in parallel; TrueScale Matrix, with full-wafer testing capability can extend to multi-sites (>=256 sites), and offers creative ways to optimize touchdown efficiency