Getting the Most from Pyramid Probe Cards: Training and Certifications
October 11, 2018
We offer a variety of options to enhance the life of your probe cards. From a thorough assessment of the operating environment with a report of recommended actions, to delivering hands-on instructor-led training to help users gain proficiency.
Advances in semiconductor design, as well as the rising expense of bringing new devices to market, have increased the importance of ensuring the longevity of your test and measurement tools. Regularly scheduled maintenance and proper cleaning procedures can have a significant impact on extending the life of probe cards, which in turn can improve test throughput and yield. We offer a variety of training programs, including hands-on training at your location, to help your team optimize probe card performance. Our program is designed to provide Pyramid Probe customers the knowledge and skills required to ensure optimal Pyramid Probe card performance and realize maximum useful life in engineering and production test environments.
We offer a variety of options to enhance the life of your probe cards. From a thorough assessment of the operating environment with a report of recommended actions, to delivering hands-on instructor-led training to help users gain proficiency and learn to:
- Optimize the operating environment
- Improve care and handling
- Inspect and assess for defects and fixes
- Clean both off-line and online
You can choose from multiple training options:
- Site review and recommendation report – A site review consists of inspection and assessment of test floor, equipment and procedures. Best practice recommendations implemented from this review can improve the overall performance and life of the Pyramid Probe card as well as other probing technology.
- Classroom training – The classroom training will cover handling and maintaining the Pyramid Probe card. All related documentation will be reviewed so that every attendee fully understands how to optimize probe card life. Classroom training will cover documents for the following:
- Pyramid Probe Core User Guide
- Pyramid Probes: Off-line Core Cleaning with a Brush
- Pyramid Probe Online Cleaning Methods
- Pyramid Probes: New Core Inspection
- Pyramid Probes: Used Core Inspection
- Certification training: classroom and hands-on – In addition to classroom training, a hands-on session will take the individuals through the actual installation of the core into the printed circuit board and attendees will practice proper off-line cleaning techniques. A subsequent hands-on audit will be performed to ensure that all individuals understand the proper techniques. A written exam will be given at the end of the course. Upon passing the exam, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Certification training with site review – Over the course of two days at your location, our specialists will provide both classroom training and hands-on training, concluding with exams for certification. In addition, the training team will assess the operating environment of the probe card and provide recommendations for optimal performance. Our most popular package, the combination of training and site evaluation will assist users in extending the life of the probe card to reduce the overall cost of ownership.
Our comprehensive training and certification program can equip you with the best practices and practical techniques to improve overall performance through proper handling of the Pyramid Probe cards. For more on our Pyramid Probe training and certification program, visit our website.