Silicon Photonics Test
Optical testing of silicon photonics is especially challenging, as optical fibers must be precisely positioned in 3D space, and perfectly angled, relative to the device under test. Devices may take many forms, requiring solutions for test on-wafer or in singulated die form, for single fibers or fiber arrays, and for vertical grating couplers or edge couplers. Sophisticated software and finely tuned motorized multi-axis positioning systems are required to ensure optimum fiber alignment for every device, on each wafer, at every temperature. Accurate optical instrumentation completes the test cell.
MeasureOne Benefits Include
- Best-of-breed, high-performance tools from industry leaders FormFactor, Keysight Technologies, and Physik Instrumente
- Configured and optimized to deliver accurate, repeatable, and automated optical and electrical measurements
Solution Components Include
- FormFactor Cascade fully-automated, semi-automated, or manual probe system – especially CM300xi-SiPh, SUMMIT200, or EPS150
- FormFactor Autonomous SiPh Measurement Assistant and single-fiber, fiber array, and edge coupling fiber positioners
- PI (Physik Instrumente) Hexapod High-Precision Fiber Alignment System
- Keysight Technologies N7700A Photonic Application Suite
- Now available as an Integrated Measurement System – comprehensive, turn-key, all-in-one FormFactor + Keysight + PI solution at no additional cost!
Autonomous Silicon Photonics Measurement Assistant
FormFactor's Autonomous Silicon Photonics Measurement Assistant enables and optimizes silicon photonics coupling. The use of single optical fibers and fiber arrays as probes to couple light into and out of a wafer surface creates many challenges that FormFactor manages through its Contact Intelligence technology.
imec’s Silicon Photonics Research and Manufacturing Program
See how our customer imec is using our CM300 to enable their development of silicon photonics solutions