VueTrack vs. ReAlign – Two Innovative Velox Tools for Unattended Testing Over Time and At Multiple Temperatures
August 23, 2019
VueTrack & ReAlign are exclusive Velox features that enable unattended testing over time and at multiple temperatures by automatically aligning probes to pads. They enable faster time to data due to minimized test times and higher efficiency of test equipment.
Getting products to market fast is the essence of competitive advantage. To accomplish this, you need the most accurate data and the lowest cost of test. One possible way to reach this goal is to make the wafer testing process independent from the operator and keep the probe station running autonomously over time and at multiple temperatures. FormFactor enables this with its Contact Intelligence™ Technology – a powerful combination of innovative system design and state of the art image processing which guarantees to make and hold wafer contact with constant high quality. On the software side, an essential part of Contact Intelligence are VueTrack™ and ReAlign™ – two innovative tools of FormFactor’s Velox Probe Station Control Software.
Both tools enable unattended testing over time and at multiple temperatures by automatically aligning probes to pads. They eliminate the need for manual re-adjustment and ensure constant contact quality. But what are the differences between VueTrack and ReAlign? Which is the perfect tool for your specific application? In order to answer this question, it is essential to understand the different approaches.
- For applications with a free microscope top view
- For Positioners or Probe Cards
- Exclusively with FormFactor’s eVue Pro digital microscope
VueTrack utilizes the eVue Pro digital microscope to detect the location of the probes as well as the location of the wafer alignment markers from the top. A corrective move is then made to the wafer in X, Y and Z. If motorized positioners are used, VueTrack enables additional automatic adjustment of the probes.
VueTrack is available for the CM300xi, SUMMIT200, Summit 12000 and Elite300 probe stations and part of FormFactor’s revolutionary Autonomous RF Measurement Assistant. It is the tool of choice if a free microscope view from the top is available.
Figure 1: VueTrack detects the probe tips
Figure 2: VueTrack detects the target location.
Figure 3: A corrective move is made to the wafer in X, Y and Z.
Fig. 4: Make contact.
- For applications with limited microscope top view
- For Probe Cards
- Independent from microscope and exclusively on the CM300xi probe system
ReAlign utilizes three system-integrated cameras:
- Platen camera: A view from the top detects the location of the wafer alignment markers.
- Chuck camera: A view from the bottom detects the probe tips.
- ContactView camera: A view from the side continuously monitors contact accuracy.
With the data from the platen and chuck cameras, ReAlign calculates the Home Position and Contact Height. A corrective move is then made to the wafer in X, Y and Z.
ReAlign is exclusively available on the CM300xi probe station. It works independently from the microscope and is therefore recommended especially for applications with limited microscope top view, such as vertical and Pyramid probe cards, or when using a test head.
Figure 5: Limited microscope top view.
Figure 6: Camera from the side continuously monitors contact accuracy.
Figure 7: Camera from the bottom visualizes probe tips.
Figure 8: Top-view camera visualizes the pads on the wafer, aligns the wafer and generates a Z-profile.
VueTrack (for CM300xi, SUMMIT200, Summit 12000 and Elite300) and ReAlign (for CM300xi) are exclusive Velox software features that support Contact Intelligence™ Technology. Whereas VueTrack is the perfect choice when a free microscope view from the top is available, ReAlign is recommended especially for applications with a limited microscope top view such as vertical and Pyramid probe cards, or when using a test head.
- …enable unattended testing over multiple temperatures by automatically aligning probes to pads
- … eliminate the need for manual re-adjustment and ensure constant contact quality on the smallest pads and over a full thermal range
- …increase productivity by eliminating idle time waiting for operator intervention
- …enable faster time to data due to minimized test times
- …enable faster time to market due to higher efficiency of test equipment
Velox is installed on more than 600 FormFactor probe stations and can be installed on most older Cascade Microtech probe stations with Nucleus software and SUSS Microtech probe stations with ProberBench Software.